7 to 8 large (9 cups) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4 inch
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Butter, melted
Ice cream, if desired
How to make:
- STEP 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- STEP 2Place sliced apples into ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- STEP 3Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl; sprinkle over apples.
- STEP 4Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in bowl; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Pour melted butter over topping. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.
- STEP 5Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Click here for the full article