Stroganoff is a well-loved classic family dinner that combines browned ground beef or seared steak in a tangy, flavorful gravy! You’ll love how quickly your ground beef stroganoff dinner will come together no matter how much time you have for meal prep!
🔪 STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
You will love this recipe it’s extremely forgiving with a flexible sauce. The recipe can be tailored easily to your likes, and scaled up or down for more or less servings.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, add olive oil and bring to medium heat.
- Once the olive oil is shimmering, add diced onion and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Break apart the ground beef into chunks while the beef cooks. Drain off excess fat from the pan.
- Cook noodles per package instructions while you are browning the ground beef. Drain and rinse, toss with olive oil or butter if desired.
- Add the flour and seasoning. Starting with about a ½ teaspoon each and add more as needed once the sauce comes together. Combine with the browned ground beef.
- Stir in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Next, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over cooked noodles (or rice) and garnish with parsley.